2015 Request For Research Proposals
Proposals will be accepted from May 18, 2015 to July 1, 2015, 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Proposals for scientific research are accepted for studies into the causes, mechanisms, and improved means of treatment for histiocytic disorders. Proposals are evaluated on the basis of science, feasibility, and relevance. All proposals are expected to address one or more of the histiocytic disorders; below are areas of particular interest; however, all relevant areas of interest are considered.
- Mechanisms of disease pathogenesis
- Biology (maturation, migration and immune function) of dendritic cells, macrophages and/or lymphocytes in disease pathogenesis
- Derangements of cytokine production or function
- CNS pathology
- Neuropsychiatric consequences
- Studies of rare forms -- Juvenile xanthogranuloma, Erdheim-Chester disease, Rosai-Dorfman disease
- Studies of histiocytic disorders in adults
- Discovery of new disease markers
- Overall support of clinical trials
2015 Research Proposal Submission Guidelines
In addition to the guidelines outlined below, all applications should follow the Research Proposal Format Guidelines.
- Each year, all applicants/investigators must register (create a login and password) for the Research Grants Portal, www.histio.org/rfrp. You must register each year; however, you may use previous credentials to register. Once applicants/investigators register, a research proposal can be submitted.
- Proposals must be submitted via the Histiocytosis Association website through the online Research Grants Portal.
- An applicant must be a full-time faculty member at an academic institution.
- Proposals must be submitted in the English language and follow the Research Proposal Format.
- Files must be uploaded as a compressed, single file PDF (maximum size of 4,000 KB).
- Proposals must use standard formatting requirements (11 point Arial font, ½ inch margins).
- The scientific section of the proposal may not exceed six (6) pages; proposals exceeding this specified limit of six (6) pages will be returned without review. Biographical sketches, lay summaries and budgets may extend be beyond the (6) pages.
- Proposals must indicate other sources of funding.
- Applicants/investigators will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt of their proposal by email. Applicants/investigators will be able to review their submitted proposal, but will not be able to edit them after submission.
- Primary investigators may submit only one proposal for funding.
- Research Grants are awarded for one (1) year projects up to the amount announced. Proposals in excess of the announced amount or for periods longer than one (1) year will not be reviewed.
- Funding is awarded to the Primary Investigator’s institution only. It is the responsibility of that institution to disburse funding for joint projects.
- The Association does not fund overhead costs, travel budgets or principal investigator salaries. Applications must follow the Research Proposal Format.
Click continue to be taken to the 2015 Research Grant Application.