Workplace Giving Campaigns
Fundraising in the Workplace
While extraordinary progress has been made in the fight against histiocytic disorders, the battle is far from over. Fundraising is a critical component in furthering research efforts to discover more effective treatments and ultimately, a cure.
How can you and your colleagues get involved?
Workplace Giving Campaigns have a significant impact in raising awareness and funds to fight histiocytic disorders. There are many kinds of Workplace Giving Campaigns – among the most well-known are the United Way Campaign and the Combined Federal Campaign, and many organizations host their own Independent Campaigns. Within and beyond these campaigns, there are countless ways that individuals and companies can help.
- If your company has a committee or person who guides charitable efforts, talk with them about the urgent need to fight histio. If not, speak with a top executive of your company. These efforts can get the ball rolling.
- Distribute educational brochures to your co-workers. A quick call to +1 856-589-6606 or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will have brochures and other information on the way to you.
- Write about your own experience with histio, and include pictures if possible; arrange with your company to distribute this information to your colleagues.
- Offer to make a presentation about histio and the work of the Association. The Association can provide many of the materials you will need and can work with you in creating your presentation.
- Ask a company human resources representative to include information about histio and the Association in any Workplace Giving materials at your company.
- Create office-wide excitement for your fundraising efforts by posting a Goal-O-Meter or holding a pledge contest between your colleagues.
For more information on Workplace Giving, download Charity Navigator’s Guide to Workplace Giving and Six Tips for Workplace Giving.